- Web dev projects
- Website Optimsiation
- Social media
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) honours the 1.7 million men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars, ensuring they will never be forgotten. Our work commemorates the war dead, from building and maintaining our cemeteries and memorials at 23,000 locations in more than 150 countries and territories to preserving our extensive records and archives. Our values and aims, laid out in 1917, are as relevant now as they were over 100 years ago.
• Ownership of CWGC’s digital strategy, as well as that of its charity, Commonwealth War Graves Foundation (CWGF), to ensure the Organisation makes optimum use of all digital platforms
• Manage the digital team across a variety of disciplines, including web design, digital content, search engine optimisation, user experience, mobile optimisation and technical project management
• Manage the Digital budget, regularly reforecasting accurately for transparency on spend.
• Oversee website development and maintenance with the creation of a web development roadmap to enable the CWGC to meet key stakeholder need and to digitise business processes wherever possible
• Build and develop the CWGF Supporter scheme and e-Commerce portals within the website in line with the CWGF requirements
• Collaborate as appropriate with external developers and agencies
• Work closely with the Head of Marketing to improve the customer focus of all digital channels with engaging content and design
• Responsible for increasing audience and impact using digital platforms
• Collaborate with key CWGC staff and stakeholders to ensure the strategic and organisational priorities are met through the Organisation’s digital activities
• Drive the web analytics reporting agenda, defining tools and key performance metrics
• Continuously set goals, track metrics and conversation rates with the aim to constantly improve and optimise performance
• Work with the Communications and Marketing teams to ensure, where possible, campaigns and initiatives can be leveraged for online usage
• Works as an integrated member of the Information and Communications department
• Manages the performance of the Digital team, including the setting and reviewing of their performance objectives
• Define, manage and deliver agreed projects, identifying and working with key stakeholders, ensuring plans are approved and projects are delivered in time and within budget
• Work with relevant senior managers to regularly analyse and identify risks
To lead and deliver the digital strategy
Shortlist this job and express your interest in the role.
The employer will receive a link to your profile, and can make contact through our website.
- Type Contract/Interim
- Start Date 1st October, 2020
- Duration 52 weeks